Cryochaps Absolute Ice Wrap Pair Pastern/Hocks/Knees
Cryochaps Absolute Wrap horse leg cooling boots have been developed to mimic ice bath therapy, otherwise known as cold water immersion or cryotherapy. Icing is commonly used among human athletes recovering from exercise. Furthermore, it is also an established practice when dealing with an injury. Our cooling horse leg wraps have been designed to help in the rehabilitation after injury and be part of your horse’s everyday cool-down routine.
Product Features of the Absolute Wrap Cooling Boots
- Ease of Application: One leg wrap will fit either the front or hind leg. The Cryochaps Absolute Wrap is designed to fit knees, hocks and pasterns
- Ice and Compression: Our cooling boots provide both
- Reusability: Simply allow the leg wraps to defrost before laying flat and putting back in the freezer
- Easy Clean: Cryochaps are easy to wipe clean after use
- Quick Freezing: Simply lay the leg wraps flat in the freezer, ready for next time
- Fast Acting: Our cooling boots provide quick cooling of the horse’s leg
- Full Coverage: Our horse leg wraps are designed to offer full coverage of the hock, pastern or knee
Why You Need Absolute Wrap Horse Leg Cooling Boots
Lower leg injuries are a common occurrence in horses. Horses often have knocks out in the field or stable, and injuries can also occur during schooling sessions or out hacking. Domestic horses have been bred to be faster, more agile and more supple. They also undertake much more fast work than their wild ancestors. However, their limbs do not always cope with having to balance 400kg of bone and muscle on their legs.
The Cryochaps Absolute Wrap has been designed to help cool the hocks, pasterns and knees after exercise. They have been designed to form part of an everyday cool-down routine, with a focus on recovery and injury prevention.
Our cooling boots are also ideal for providing essential ice and compression following an injury in order to help speed up the healing process and reduce pain.
Causes of Swelling in Horses’ Legs
The cause of the swelling can be narrowed down by identifying where the swelling is, as well as whether it is accompanied by heat and / or pain. It is always advisable to contact your vet if you notice any swelling in your horse’s legs, especially if it is accompanied by heat or swelling.
Common causes of leg swelling in horses include:
- Chronic Progressive Lymphedema (CPL)
- Tendon, ligament or joint injuries
- Filled legs
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
How To Use
Step 1 - Wet the area you are putting the Cryochaps on your horse
Step 2 - Apply the cryochaps
step 3 - Retighten all the boots
Step 4 - Set your timer for 10 minutes
step 5 - give your horse a treat & let the cryochaps do their magic!!!
Unsure about ordering online, Or we are sold out. No worries, just give us call and we can help you out - 02 9058 5849 Or if its after hours shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll help you out as soon as we can.
Shop in store at 109 John Street, Singleton. Local pickups welcome, orders are generally ready in 30mins.
- AfterPay, ZipPay, PayPal and credit card accepted